Detox – biotransformation and elimination (toxic load and detoxification imbalances)
Two things have become increasing apparent:
• We are exposed to a more complex array of toxic compounds in our air, water and food then ever before (e.g. Heavy metals, herbicides/pesticides, mercury tooth fillings, cosmetics, cleaning agents etc). Estimated figures show that in 1994 more than 2.2 billion pounds of toxic chemicals were released into the environment in the USA. That is more than doubled to 4.7 billion pounds in 2002.
• An individual’s ability to detoxify or bio-transform and excrete toxic substances is of most critical importance in overall health.
Some of the conditions associated with toxic exposure:
• Concentration & memory issues
• ADHD, Autism
• Chronic headaches
• Peripheral neuropathy, tremor
• Autoimmune dysfunction
• Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS
• Mood disorders, depression, anxiety etc.
• Allergies, Asthma
• Autoimmune Diseases
• Chronic Inflammatory diseases
• Adverse food reactions
• Multiple chemical sensitivities
Mitochondrial & Metabolic
• Chronic Fatigue
• Fibromyalgia, muscle aches, weakness
• Loss of appetite, Nausea/Vomiting
• IBS, Abdominal pain
• Insulin resistance/Diabetes
• Hormonal abnormalities
• Premature puberty, PMS, PCOS, Infertility, Endometriosis, Fibroids
• Oligospermia, sperm dysmotility, hypogonadrogenism.
Genotoxicity / Carcinogenesis
• Developmental disorders/birth defects
• Lost Pregnancies
• Anemia, leucopenia
We have learnt a great deal in recent years about how toxins affect us, where they are coming from, and how to improve our ability to detoxify in a toxic world.
We assess your toxic exposure and through Functional Medicine principles we help you to
• Minimize toxic exposure
• Ensure adequate hydration
• Optimize bowel health and elimination
• Nourish your liver so it can detoxify
• Improve your antioxidants
• Optimize mitochondria function – the powerhouse of your cells.